REPERTRY TH RE’ 8
PREVENTER PRODUCT I ONS PRESENT
7/15/7570,?” or 7”; NE w
worms ‘7’ ‘ '
YES...! They're back!
Penelope Gold, Craig Sturdy, Mike Stallion...
i t ‘11\__ THE PREVENTERS!
“wonderfully funny, with more jokes per
penny than any other show on the Fringe” - THE STAGE
NEW YORK CITY’S PAN ASIAN REPERTORY THEATRE... ON TOUR...W|TH YELLOW FEVER!
“last-moving entertainment forming almost a Own" — VENUE 33-Pleasance. 60 The Pleasance Tickets 556 6550.
* .YELLOW'FEVER by R. A. Shiomi, spoofs the hard-boiled genre of the black and _ 1 ghltz detective tale and keeps you howling until the mystery is solved. This Off-
roa way t eatre company takes you on a private eye-paced search for the missin August 1 3 - Sept 3 at Cherry Blossom Queen, uncovering racism and finding romance. 9
T M moo ’tz ﬁea’ﬁhzq/ Mﬂ/ﬂV/ﬂﬂf’fﬂ/Wﬂ/V
VENUE (OB—Moray House Union, 37 Holyrood Road. Tickets 556 5184.
This well-known venue features an array of American performing artists in a comfortable 82-seat theatre near the Royal Mile. Convenient and inviting with a full bar and bar snacks for your enjoyment.
’ t s . * THIRD STEP THEATRE CO. OF NEW YORK CITY ’TEMPORARY LUCIDITY'. -“ Rick Balian. 3 absurd comedies lampooning the absurdities of modern American life, from TV to the CIA.
Aug 15-809: 3 (not Suns) 10.00pm (11.30) £2.00 (£1.00) Aug 15-20 8.00pm (7.30)
* DEAR MISS AMERICA PROJECT is a poetic memory play set in the M‘rdwestern plains of America, about Ray, an aging vagrant and Julianne a beauty queen he knew as a young man.
Aug 2250;)! 3 (not Suns) 8.009rn (9.30) £2.50 (£1.50)
Aug 29-80;" 3 12noon (1.30)
THE DRAMA WORKSHOP in MASS APPEAL by Bill C. Davis. Cincinnati’s Drama Workshop presentation. Free-spirited seminarian disrupts the complacent conservatism of a docile pastor.
Aug 2227 6.00pm (7.30) £3.50 (£2.50)
UNIDENTIFIED MOVING OBJECTS CO. presents GILGAMESH, a performance about love, death, and immortality, with masks, puppets, movement, and live music. Aug 22, 24. 26 4.15pm (5.15) £3.50 (£2.50)
Aug 2380p! 3 2.159!» (3.15)
* HEADOVERHEELS CO. 'Delicate Balance'—An original physical comedy. Ridiculous; Eccentric; Explosive, and FUNI BEST COMEDY AWARD, St. Louis Performer's Festival 1988.
Aug 23, 25, 27, 29-Sapr 3 4.15pm (5.15) £2.50 (£1.50)
LAXA presents KASPAR by PETER HANDKE. Hailed as ’the play of the decade', this bold, experimental work is based on the life of Kaspar Hauser. Aug 15-20 4.00pm (5.30) £3.00
* TRG REPERTORY CO. INC. presents DANNY AND THE DEEP BLUE SEA-- Violent and passionate love story by John Patrick Shanley. Academy Award winning writer for 'Moonstruck’.
. Aug 15-27 (not Suns) 2.00pm (3.30) £3.50 (£2.50)
* MONMOUTH CONSERVATORY OF MUSIC presents BRUNDIBAR/l NEVER ; SAW ANOTHER BUTTERFLY. Two musical works of the holocaust, performed by American children.
Aug 22-27 12000:! (1.30) £3.50 (£2.50)
, NEEDLE IN A HAYSTACK Arachne, a new offbeat company presents its original No shows “ material and songs based on real stories, oral histories, and fables.
on Thu | E “ ‘“ ' Aug 15-20 12000:: (1.30) £2.50 (£1.50)
25"“9 MORE NEEDLE m A HAYSTACK sun Looking For America. Directions Not
FULL DETAILS m FRINGE PROGRAMME 2:33:33- mm .930, W No,